Saturday, February 6, 2010

Recipe Book Review

The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook: 200 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Nourishing Meals That Are Easy on the Budget and a Snap to Prepare

I also have been perusing the book The $5 Dollar Dinner Mom Cookbook by Erin Chase (another blogger turned author $5 Dollar Dinners.com). I started out just looking for some new recipes that wouldn’t call for outrageous ingredients that 99% of the time, seem to be out of season and that are also affordable. Affordability is a must for my cooking because trust you me my family can eat!

Yes the recipes are fab and super affordable. The author even itemizes the prices of each ingredient in the recipes to show how it adds up. Most of the recipes also have extra frugal tips located at the bottoms of the pages.

What really rattled my noggin the most while reading was the idea of stockpiling. I have been over the course of the last 2 months been stockpiling my bathroom necessities and paper goods but I had not gotten very far in the food department. I just didn’t realize that so many foods could be frozen, it’s amazing!

This book has given me new inspiration and with it the undying lust for a freezer to hide in my basement! With tax refunds approaching my dreams of another appliance in my home looks to be coming true shortly! YAY! If you have any freezer recommendations let me know.

Now I feel compelled to visit the library again to find books on freezer cooking!

No comments: